Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Possbilites in a Sunrise

     Today's post is dedicated to my son Micah on his 11th birthday.  I'll never forget watching the sun with my son...  :)   Always remember that your life is full of endless possibilites, set aside especially for you by God Himself. 

   I just witnessed the sky giving birth to the sun. Beautiful and fitting as I held my youngest son Micah in the earliest hours of his 11th birthday. We watched the entire sky brighten as the sun made its way to the surface. No clouds in sight as a sliver of orange began to appear on the horizon. Out of that sliver, the sun began to emerge. First pink as it peeked its top through, then turning a bright and powerful orange as it made its entrance into today. My camera couldn’t even capture the magnificence! The surrounding horizon was captured in its beauty, changing colors in response. First blue’s reflected off the ocean, and then purples and pinks floated to the surface. It’s one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen. And now as I look at the sun in the sky it is blazing yellow, like the pictures we drew as kids. The skies are blue, but around the sun is still glowing a beautiful and radiant orange. People are coming out; a man is fishing to the south, a couple is walking their toddler looking for beach treasures to the north. Only God knows what mysteries today will hold. A God who can create and sustain such a beautiful masterpiece, is one who is worthy of my trust. If He can breathe such a glorious presentation into existence, not just once as a creation but each and every morning, the possibilities for my life must be endless. Happy Birthday Micah! And Happy Birthday Sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment